Selasa, 27 Februari 2007

Ways to get my Life in Shape

I spent a lot of time thinking this past week on ways to whip my life into shape. Not that I see anything fundamentally wrong with it, there's just a few things that I'd like to change I feel would overall be an improvement. This list is more for my benefit than anyone elses', but I thought I'd share so when people ask me about why I'm doing certain things I can point them here instead of explaining myself again.
  1. Only 1 hour of entertainment TV a night, with not watching any the nights the following shows aren't on: BSG, Heroes, Lost, The Office, and My Name is Earl. See 6 for information programming.
  2. I will limit myself, regardless of weeknight or weekend, to two drinks.
  3. On work nights I will go to sleep by 11pm and wake up at 6am.
  4. When commuting on the bus to work, I will listen to news/podcasts in the morning and read the paper or a book in the evening.
  5. I will walk the 10 blocks home from the Mission bus stop.
  6. Each weeknight I will do a regiment of weights while watching Countdown and then run at least 10 blocks.
  7. All meals will be home made or store bought, fast food will only be allowed once a month.
  8. Everyday I will review my bank accounts online.
  9. No soda. Period.
  10. I will clean my room the first of each month.
There we have it, not very strict or demanding, but I actually want to enjoy living my life. These I feel will cap some of the bad habits I have (ie listening to all my podcasts the beginning of the week and then getting bored at the end) and focus myself on moderation. I should probably add in to read at least one Buddhist proverb a day to keep myself focused to, as well as review this list daily. If you have any suggestions that you feel will help me stick to these or any I should add, please let me know.

0 komentar:

 
support by: infomediaku.com