Senin, 25 Januari 2010

Perl Global Variables

How do you define global variables in Perl?

I want to define a variable in one perl file and be able to access it from another perl file in the easiest way possible. First of all I find it shocking that I couldn't find much support for this question on Google, so I decided to post the answer myself. Suppose in global.pl you'd like to define the variable (or variables), and in access.pl you'd like to access the variables defined in global.pl. In global.pl define the variable. Do not use 'my' keyword, as it restricts the scope to current file. This means that you should not have 'use strict' in global.pl. In access.pl put "require 'global.pl'". That's it.

For example:

In global.pl you have:

$MY_GLOBAL_VARIABLE1 = 1;
$MY_GLOBAL_VARIABLE2 = 'a string';


In access.pl you have:

print "My global variable 1 is $MY_GLOBAL_VARIABLE1 and my global variable 2 is $MY_GLOBAL_VARIABLE2";

Easy right? Hope it helps

0 komentar:

 
support by: infomediaku.com