Rabu, 13 Oktober 2010

How to Do Self Join Many-To-Many Mapping In Hibernate

MenuHow to Do Self Join Many-To-Many Mapping In Hibernate
Hibernate Self Join - Create DB Tables
Hibernate Self Join - Create Java Class
Hibernate Self Join - Create Hibernate Configuration
Hibernate Self Join - Test Java Code
Q: I'd like to realize the relationship that a table has a set of parents and a set of children which are all members of that table. How do I do that with Java and Hibernate?

Hibernate has been out there for a long time but I am surprised I couldn't find online a comprehensive tutorial on realizing self join relationships in Hibernate. I am sure many out there are wondering the same thing; so I decided to write a post to address this issue.

First of all here are the exact things I'd like to achieve:

* Create a Java entity called Keyword. A Keyword has a title and a body.
* Each Keyword can have a set of keywords as its parents and a set of keywords as its children, and I can easily set and get a keyword's parents and children in Java which when persisted the relationships will be recorded in the database.

Let's first create a database table schema in MySQL! Questions? Let me know!

Create DB Tables ▶

0 komentar:

 
support by: infomediaku.com