Selasa, 05 Februari 2008

I Want John Stewart to Smile Again

Best endorsement I've read so far, by Randall Monroe, author of XKCD,
"I want someone who can lead the country. When people grow cynical and detached from government, or blinded by partisanship, evil runs amok. Obama represents an honest shot at making our government something we can be proud of. I’m tired of throwing things at CNN. I’m tired of feeling depressed when I read speeches by the founding fathers. I want Jon Stewart to smile again. For a brief moment, next Tuesday, we’ll have a shot at finally getting things right. Please help."
The sentence that really strikes me is "I want Jon Stewart to smile again". I've seen many interviews with John Stewart, and I've seen how painful it is for him to speak about what he sees is wrong with this country. He's a comic, he finds humour in the most dire situations, he's not suppose to be impacted by this. But over the past 8 years he has, he's been jaded and you can tell he's fed up. To me this is a reflection of us as Americans, we are resilient and strong, but we can only take so much before we start to break down. Obama is our hope.

0 komentar:

 
support by: infomediaku.com