Senin, 04 Februari 2008

Super Tuesday

To put my piece in before you head to the polls tomorrow, I think that both Clinton and Obama would make an excellent Dem nominee and have a sure chance of winning in November, but I'm siding with Obama. Both have excellent policies and ideas on how the country should move forward after the disaster that was the last 8 years, but Clinton isn't anything "new". She's been heavily into politics the last 30 years and represents the same old game. Does she have more experience? Yes, but I don't want experience, I want someone who will lead our country in a new direction, not hold onto the past. For me Obama embodies that, he's young, he's charismatic, and he knows how to get people excited for a new direction in this country. To me Clinton represents to much of the old guard and we need more dramatic change than she can, and is willing to bring. To further back my decision is this excellent piece that was run on DailyKos this morning, to quote,

"There are other reasons I prefer Barack Obama to Hillary Clinton. In most areas their policy platforms are similar. But one area where I think Obama represents a clean and necessary break with the past is in foreign policy. Obama isn't going to give away the farm. The realities of American Empire are that we will continue to have a huge military exerting influence across the globe. But Obama, through his statements, and through some of his key foreign policy advisors (like Zbignew Brzenzinski, Richard Clarke, Lawrence Korb, Robert Malley and Samantha Power) points to a more pragmatic and sustainable foreign and defense policy than does Clinton."


I encourage you to read the full piece here:
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/2/4/01850/33681/211/449297

Either way I'm excited for this coming year and regardless of your candidate choice 2008 will be a landmark year in American politics.

0 komentar:

 
support by: infomediaku.com