Jumat, 07 Mei 2010

WordPress Versus Blogger

Today I researched on which blog service provides best SEO right out of the box. My choices came to Blogger and WordPress. Here's what I am looking for
  • Blog service: I want the blog service provider to host all my blogs. 
  • Highly customizable: So I can control look-and-feel and include what I want and exclude what I don't want.

WordPress
  • You can include as many static pages as possible, and the URL looks like /static-page-name/ which is totally customizable. The downside is that you lose the ability to categorize.
  • You are limited to the templates provided to you, and you cannot change the look-and-feel unless you upgrade your account by paying a fee every year.
  • URL format of a post looks like /year/month/day/page-title/
  • Once you finish a blog you can come back and change published date and modify relative path of the URL, and the date in the URL will change accordingly.
  • Allow inclusion of all kinds of widgets.
  • Sometimes put ads on your posts unless you pay a fee to upgrade.
  • Highly SEO optimized.
  • The majority of highly popular blogs use WordPress.
  • Recommended by Matt Cuts.

Blogger

  • You can include as many static pages as 10 and the URL looks like /p/page-title.html which is not customizable.
  • You are limited to the templates provided to you but you can change CSS all you want for FREE.
  • URL format of a post looks like /year/month/page-title.html
  • Once you finish a blog you can come back and change published date and modify post's title but the URL will NOT change.
  • Allow inclusion of all kinds of widgets.
  • Needs tweaks to make SEO optimized.
  • More people use Blogger according to Google.

Bottom line is WordPress provides best SEO but less customization (without a fee) than Blogger. The fact that WordPress is recommended by Matt Cutts probably means that you should use WordPress. However I can just spend some time to make posts on Blogger more SEO friendly as I have been in this field for several years now, and that should solve all my issues. For people who are less familiar with SEO I still recommend that they learn about it and use Blogger, as the customization that Blogger allows is just too flexible to be overlooked.

Therefore my verdict is Blogger.

0 komentar:

 
support by: infomediaku.com