Kamis, 03 Februari 2011

Check Out Svn In Eclipse On Windows

Q: I am using Eclipse on Windows and I'd like to check out SVN project with Eclipse. How the hell do I do it?

MenuCheck Out SVN In Eclipse On Windows
Create An SVN Project On An SVN Server
Download And Install TortoiseSVN
Check Out SVN Project Via TortoiseSVN
Validate SVN Integration With Eclipse
Not sure where to start but I've had an amazingly difficult time to do this task. I am running Eclipse on Windows and I have my Subversion (SVN will be used in short from this point on) project running in some remote server. All I want to do is check out that SVN project and be able to integrate it with Eclipse so that I can do SVN operations within Eclipse instead of do them via command line. The problem is that the web server I am running on that remote server is Nginx, which does NOT have a standard way of integrating with SVN yet like Apache does. Therefore all I have is svn+ssh protocol to manage my SVN project, but the Subclipse plug-in for Eclipse seems to ONLY accept HTTP protocol as the SVN URL. Later I found out once I change the SVN interface it all works fine (described at Validate SVN Integration With Eclipse).

Can I blame it on Nginx? Can I blame it on Eclipse? Anyway finally I managed to solve this issue in the following steps. Preconditions are that I am running Windows 7.

1. Create an SVN project on your SVN server

2. Download and install TortoiseSVN: You may not need TortoiseSVN if your Eclipse is integrated with Subversion successfully but it's still a great tool to have.

3. Check out your SVN project through TortoiseSVN: Again you may not need TortoiseSVN if your Eclipse is integrated with Subversion successfully but in case it doesn't you have TortoiseSVN to fall back on.

4. Validate SVN Integration With Eclipse


Let's get started on how I managed to handle this monstrous issue!

Create An Svn Project On An SVN Server ▶

0 komentar:

 
support by: infomediaku.com