Minggu, 22 Agustus 2010

Jewelry Making Silver Brass Pendants

MenuIntroduction To Jewelry Making
Basic Jewelry Making Tools
Basic Jewelry Making Techniques
Basic Jewelry Making Procedure
Simple Silver Ring And Split Open Ring
Jewelry Making Silver Brass Pendants
Towards the end of the course, I was eagerly looking for something to work on, and I thought a pendant would look great. I tested my water by doing a simple pendant with a cross on it. Don't get me wrong; I am not a Christian. I just wanted to do something simple before I ventured into something much more complicated. So how did I make this pendant? I first cut out the metal that I needed and shaped them the way I wanted, and then I simply soldered where necessary. One thing special about it is that I needed to drill a hole at the top to put the jump ring through, and I also needed to solder the slit in the jump ring. But they were not a big deal and I finished the pendant quickly

Silver Oval Base Brass Cross Pendant

After I finished my first pendant, I was desperate to find ideas for my next project, and something hit me. If I could sandblast a character on a glass dish (refer to my glass fusing post), why couldn't I apply the same concept on a pendant? I decided to solder a meaningful Chinese character on my next pendant. This Chinese character, "Fu", means all the good things in life. Ladies and gentlemen, here is my world famous Fu pendant. Isn't it just plain B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L ?

Chinese Fu Happiness Bliss Brass Pendant

Finishing this piece was particularly gratifying because when I started it, it was my last class. So I crashed other people's classes to finally finish it. The process was excruciating and long, and I went through so much to get it done. Nobody can feel the sense of accomplishment finishing the piece brought me

I like jewelry making, but it requires many pieces of equipment to make things. In the future if my jewelry-making instinct flares up, I will just come back and take another class in jewelry making. I certainly enjoyed the challenges it brought me! It also taught me PATIENCE and precision, two very valuable character traits!

◀ Simple Silver Ring And Split Open Ring

0 komentar:

 
support by: infomediaku.com