Minggu, 22 Agustus 2010

Simple Silver Ring And Split Open Ring

MenuIntroduction To Jewelry Making
Basic Jewelry Making Tools
Basic Jewelry Making Techniques
Basic Jewelry Making Procedure
Simple Silver Ring And Split Open Ring
Jewelry Making Silver Brass Pendants
My first project was making this simple silver ring. We simply measured how big we wanted the ring to be, and had our instructor give us the right length of silver wire. Then I wrapped the wire around a ring mandrel to make it round. Then I sawed off the unwanted part. Then I soldered the slit together and buffed it a bit to make it shiny.

Simple Silver Ring

My second ring was a split-open ring. This was much more challenging because it involved multiple soldering instances and more materials.

Silver Split Open Ring With Lapis Lazuli Gem StoneSilver Split Open Ring

The most special thing I had to do was that I needed to make a bezel to hold the stone. I also made some "free-style" design on the ring as you can see. An expert would know that going "free-style" means trying to make up for mistakes in the process :-)

◀ Basic Jewelry Making ProcedureJewelry Making Silver Brass Pendants ▶

0 komentar:

 
support by: infomediaku.com